Supplier of Electronic Hi-Viz Airflow Indicators for the LEV industry.
Monitair Ltd have developed, manufacture and distribute the unique Chevron electronic airflow indicator. The Chevron is designed to continually monitor the static pressure in an LEV system and reassure the operator that it is working correctly. A dynamic moving display indicates either correct operation or a fault condition, such as a fan failure, broken or blocked ductwork.
The Chevron is powered by 2 AA batteries which last in excess of 14 months, and a battery monitor informs the user when these need to be changed.
The unit can be calibrated in seconds for use across the range of 200 to 2000 Pascals, so one size fits all.
With a very attractive price, minimal installation and an eye-catching design, it is not surprising that the Monitair Chevron is now in use 24 hours a day, across a wide range of LEV installations, including soldering stations, injection moulding machines, ducted fume cupboards, on-ship portable extractors and many more.
Click – Picture of a Chevron Unit
New “One Stop Shop” from the OXYL8 Team for all your LEV Testing Requirements:-
- Rotating Vane Anemometers RVAs
- Hot Wire Anemometers HWAs
- Pitot Tubes PTs
- Manometers MMs
- Dust Lamps DLs
- Smoke Tubes & Smoke Generators SMK
- Hood Indicator Gauges HIGs
- Phase Rotation Testers PRTs
- LEV Labels LBLs
- Duct Test Point Grommets and Bungs MCPs
- Real Time Dust Monitors RTDMs
- Instrument Cases ICs
- Second Hand & Demo Kit at reduced prices DEMO
Visit the main site at https://levshop.co.uk
OXYL8 delivers BOHS-approved courses in the fields of local exhaust ventilation (LEV) and basic occupational hygiene.
Our LEV and occupational hygiene training courses, designed and moderated by BOHS, are accepted by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) as key elements in securing basic competence in various aspects of LEV, be it design, specification, commissioning, management or examining and testing.
Do visit our revised and updated website which has many useful links and resources on all aspects of LEV: https://oxyl8.com
Details and dates/venues for our upcoming LEV training courses can be found by following these links:-
P600 Methods for Testing Performance of LEV – P600 Details and Dates
P601 Examination & Testing of LEV – P601 Details and Dates
P602 Basic LEV Design – P602 Details and Dates
P603 CoSHH PPE – P603 Details and Dates
P604 Performance Evaluation & Management of LEV – P604 Details and Dates
W201 Introduction to Principles of Occupational Hygiene – W201 Details and Dates
Please do visit our OXYL8 LEV training course website at: https://oxyl8.com
Established in 1969, Filtermist manufactures, supplies, installs and commissions standalone and centralised extraction and filtration systems to effectively remove oil mist, smoke, dust and fume from workplace air.
Our comprehensive service includes:
- System design, equipment production and supply, installation, commissioning and aftersales support
- Dedicated SPA qualified engineers providing routine and reactive maintenance for all makes and models of LEV system
- UK wide CoSHH compliant Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) testing for all makes and models of LEV system from P601 qualified engineers
- Air monitoring
- LEV log books, smoke sticks and wind direction indicators
- Air flow indicators
Filtermist holds ISO9001 and ISO14001 certification, and is accredited by SafeContractor for the high standards of health and safety practiced throughout the company.
Download a copy of our Service and LEV Brochure here:- Brochure
Our F Monitor Resource page can also be accessed here:- F Monitor Information
Our core business is the design, supply and installation of dust and fume extraction systems and workshop machinery.
This is complemented by our aftermarket services including maintenance, repairs and statutory testing. Through a combination of these produces and services we assist our customers and clients to create safer workplaces.
We operate with a variety of sectors such as Education, Manufacturing, Construction and Facilities Management. Using only our directly employed staff, we provide a dedicated package to suit our clients’ needs, from the initial design consultation to full electrical and mechanical installation, commissioning and ongoing maintenance and statutory checks.
Occupational hygiene is the recognition, evaluation and control of risks within the working environment.
Using chemicals or other hazardous substances at work can put people’s health at risk, so the law requires employers to control exposure to hazardous substances to prevent ill health. The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH) (as amended) sets out how to protect both employees and others who may be exposed.
‘If you as an employer fail to adequately control hazardous substances, your employees or others may become ill. Effects from hazardous substances range from mild eye irritation to chronic lung disease or, on occasions, death.’ HSE Website
With over 30 years experience in Asbestos and Occupational Hygiene Management you can be confident that our highly trained and qualified staff will be able to ensure your company’s compliance with Health and Safety Regulations.
Our qualified occupational hygienists have experience of a wide variety of industries and are sensitive to the cost-effectiveness of proposed control measures.
As an independent company Armstrong Environmental Ltd. is able to operate and be seen to act in an impartial manner. This independence provides valuable reassurance to third parties such as employees, trade unions or regulatory authorities.
We are the chosen supplier to a diverse range of organisations both large and small, which includes some of the worlds leading and most well know brands. Whatever the size of your organisation we would be delighted to help you.
What We Can Do For You:
• Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) Testing
• LEV Air Flow indicator Supply
• Workplace Exposure Monitoring
• Noise Assessments
• Hand Arm Vibration Assessments
• Asbestos Surveys
• Asbestos Awareness Training
• Asbestos Management Software via www.AsbestosVault.com
• Asbestos Sample Analysis
“Quality & Customer Service are the key to our business and we pride ourselves on going that extra mile for our clients and then some”.
We are a friendly family run group of companies based in Worcestershire who specialize in the design, manufacture and installation of dust and fume extraction (LEV) systems, ventilation and noise control.
Our engineers have extensive experience and also hold the BOHS accreditations P601, P602, P603, P604 & W201.
Our services include:
- Practical but effective design of LEV Systems.
- Balancing of all types and sizes of systems. (Report with calculations can be provided if required).
- Commissioning & Thorough Examination and Test of LEV systems.
- Servicing of LEV Plant (Including Fume cupboards, Scrubbers, Dust filter units).
- Remedial work.
- Noise control. We have the engineering knowledge to locate and fix the source of the noise rather than just box the issue in. We design silencers.
- User manuals for any type of systems including those with units whose manufacturers are now obsolete.
- Training. We offer training to meet clients LEV Management obligations.
We are privileged to provide, maintain and evaluate LEV systems in a variety of trades including:
- Biomass/Coal & Nuclear power stations.
- Metal fabricator & sheet metal workshops.
- Forge & Foundries.
- Recycling facilities.
- Wood working.
- Food & packaging production.
- UPVC & building materials.
- Grain stores.
- Textiles, wallpaper & paint manufactures.
- Vehicle body shops.
- Beauty & Dentistry laboratories.
- Schools, colleges & universities.