The HSE work related ill-health and disease statistics are not getting any better, we know that, our entire industry knows that and yet it would appear that our clients don’t know that (or aren’t taking suitable action if they do).
Workplace exposure monitoring can enable you, the LEV Installer or Examiner, to convey to the client that the control measures that they have in place are not reducing operator exposure to levels that will likely minimise and prevent work-related ill-health.
Drake Lapthorn provides services that determine operator exposure levels to hazardous substances by taking a sample of the hazardous substance in the air that the operator is ‘breathing in’ whilst undertaking the task.
Workplace Exposure Monitoring will establish whether the operator is being exposed to hazardous substances generated when undertaking work, at what level exposure is being experienced and whether these are below the appropriate workplace exposure limit (WEL).
Workplace Exposure Monitoring is undertaken for numerous reasons:
- It is good practice to determine if controls in place, including LEV, are protecting operators and to what extent.
- Identifying operations or tasks that may need further controls put in place, i.e. the installation of LEV.
- Establishing a level of exposure that a LEV system, once installed, should provide to the operators.
- Part of a routine Health Surveillance Program
- To check the operator exposure level is below the workplace exposure limit for the substance.
- Because the HSE told you to…………
If you need assistance at your own premises, or that of a client, to establish operator exposure to hazardous substances please contact us via 01295 298469 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our website, www.drakelapthorn.co.uk for details on the range of services we offer to SME’s, including Health and Safety guidance, Health and Safety Training, Legionella, Risk Assessments and Noise Assessments.
Established to satisfy demand from both professional extraction engineers as well as the self-installer, LEV DIRECT is a specialist online provider of equipment and parts for all aspects of Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV).
From its comprehensive inventory of products, LEV DIRECT has the capability to offer a superb delivery service on just about any item you could possibly need for your dust or fume extraction project – whether it’s a pressure gauge, FastClip ducting sections, replacement filter media, or even a complete new filter unit, LEV DIRECT takes pride in its ability to supply quality components and equipment to meet your specific requirements.
We supply the Following & More:
FastClip Ducting Spiral Ducting Flexible Ducting
Filter Media Diaphragm Repair Kits
LEV Testing Equipment Dust Extraction Units
Fume Extraction Units Confined Space Extraction
Horace Waller VC Parade
Shawcross Business Park
03300 538 998
Established in 1969, Filtermist manufactures, supplies, installs and commissions standalone and centralised extraction and filtration systems to effectively remove oil mist, smoke, dust and fume from workplace air.
Our comprehensive service includes:
- System design, equipment production and supply, installation, commissioning and aftersales support
- Dedicated SPA qualified engineers providing routine and reactive maintenance for all makes and models of LEV system
- UK wide CoSHH compliant Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) testing for all makes and models of LEV system from P601 qualified engineers
- Air monitoring
- LEV log books, smoke sticks and wind direction indicators
- Air flow indicators
Filtermist holds ISO9001 and ISO14001 certification, and is accredited by SafeContractor for the high standards of health and safety practiced throughout the company.
Download a copy of our Service and LEV Brochure here:- Brochure
Our F Monitor Resource page can also be accessed here:- F Monitor Information
Our core business is the design, supply and installation of dust and fume extraction systems and workshop machinery.
This is complemented by our aftermarket services including maintenance, repairs and statutory testing. Through a combination of these produces and services we assist our customers and clients to create safer workplaces.
We operate with a variety of sectors such as Education, Manufacturing, Construction and Facilities Management. Using only our directly employed staff, we provide a dedicated package to suit our clients’ needs, from the initial design consultation to full electrical and mechanical installation, commissioning and ongoing maintenance and statutory checks.
Tecomak is a specialist ventilation company, primarily focused on the healthcare, pharmaceutical and laboratory markets.
We offer a wide range of services from routine compliance testing to design and installation of new systems. Specialist activities include:
• Validation of GMP cleanroom facilities
• Servicing of microbiological safety cabinets
• Compliance testing of containment laboratories
• HEPA filter replacement and DOP integrity testing
• SF6 containment testing of laboratory fume cupboards
• Design and installation of laboratory ventilation systems
• Design and installation of uPVC and polypropylene extract systems
• Biological decontamination of laboratories, cleanrooms and hospital treatment areas
Occupational hygiene is the recognition, evaluation and control of risks within the working environment.
Using chemicals or other hazardous substances at work can put people’s health at risk, so the law requires employers to control exposure to hazardous substances to prevent ill health. The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH) (as amended) sets out how to protect both employees and others who may be exposed.
‘If you as an employer fail to adequately control hazardous substances, your employees or others may become ill. Effects from hazardous substances range from mild eye irritation to chronic lung disease or, on occasions, death.’ HSE Website
With over 30 years experience in Asbestos and Occupational Hygiene Management you can be confident that our highly trained and qualified staff will be able to ensure your company’s compliance with Health and Safety Regulations.
Our qualified occupational hygienists have experience of a wide variety of industries and are sensitive to the cost-effectiveness of proposed control measures.
As an independent company Armstrong Environmental Ltd. is able to operate and be seen to act in an impartial manner. This independence provides valuable reassurance to third parties such as employees, trade unions or regulatory authorities.
We are the chosen supplier to a diverse range of organisations both large and small, which includes some of the worlds leading and most well know brands. Whatever the size of your organisation we would be delighted to help you.
What We Can Do For You:
• Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) Testing
• LEV Air Flow indicator Supply
• Workplace Exposure Monitoring
• Noise Assessments
• Hand Arm Vibration Assessments
• Asbestos Surveys
• Asbestos Awareness Training
• Asbestos Management Software via www.AsbestosVault.com
• Asbestos Sample Analysis
“Quality & Customer Service are the key to our business and we pride ourselves on going that extra mile for our clients and then some”.
New “One Stop Shop” from the OXYL8 Team for all your LEV Testing Requirements:-
- Rotating Vane Anemometers RVAs
- Hot Wire Anemometers HWAs
- Pitot Tubes PTs
- Manometers MMs
- Dust Lamps DLs
- Smoke Tubes & Smoke Generators SMK
- Hood Indicator Gauges HIGs
- Phase Rotation Testers PRTs
- LEV Labels LBLs
- Duct Test Point Grommets and Bungs MCPs
- Real Time Dust Monitors RTDMs
- Instrument Cases ICs
- Second Hand & Demo Kit at reduced prices DEMO
Visit the main site at https://levshop.co.uk
BSRIA Instrument Solutions offers an extensive range of quality Test and Measurement instrumentation for you to Hire or Buy.
Backed by a team of expert technical engineers who can advise you on the best instrument for your needs, a wide range of stock for next-day delivery or collection from leading manufacturers at competitive prices, the business offers national coverage with ISO17025 (UKAS) and ISO 9001 (BSI) accredited laboratories located in Bracknell, Berkshire & Preston, Lancashire.
Appointed as an official distributor to over 20 of the leading manufacturers in the Test and Instrumentation market, we are able to offer a choice of the best instruments available to meet your requirements. Manufacturers include:- Cirrus, Digitron, DP Measurements, Draeger, Druck, Energy Conservatory, FLIR, Fluke, Katronic, KIMO, Retrotec, Rotronic, Testo, TSI and Vaisala.
For more details visit www.bsria.co.uk/instrument or call 0800 254 5566 (UK Free) / +44 (0)1344 459315 (International) or e-mail Instruments@bsria.co.uk
SAC Compliance is a team of highly qualified professionals who use a blend of science, engineering and technology to help organisations comply with health, safety and environmental law.
We specialise in Local Exhaust Ventilation.
We are a friendly family run group of companies based in Worcestershire who specialize in the design, manufacture and installation of dust and fume extraction (LEV) systems, ventilation and noise control.
Our engineers have extensive experience and also hold the BOHS accreditations P601, P602, P603, P604 & W201.
Our services include:
- Practical but effective design of LEV Systems.
- Balancing of all types and sizes of systems. (Report with calculations can be provided if required).
- Commissioning & Thorough Examination and Test of LEV systems.
- Servicing of LEV Plant (Including Fume cupboards, Scrubbers, Dust filter units).
- Remedial work.
- Noise control. We have the engineering knowledge to locate and fix the source of the noise rather than just box the issue in. We design silencers.
- User manuals for any type of systems including those with units whose manufacturers are now obsolete.
- Training. We offer training to meet clients LEV Management obligations.
We are privileged to provide, maintain and evaluate LEV systems in a variety of trades including:
- Biomass/Coal & Nuclear power stations.
- Metal fabricator & sheet metal workshops.
- Forge & Foundries.
- Recycling facilities.
- Wood working.
- Food & packaging production.
- UPVC & building materials.
- Grain stores.
- Textiles, wallpaper & paint manufactures.
- Vehicle body shops.
- Beauty & Dentistry laboratories.
- Schools, colleges & universities.